If you are experiencing hearing loss, chances are the best solution for your condition will be hearing aids. These sophisticated instruments work by amplifying sounds, enabling you to improve your communication abilities. They are available in a wide range of styles to appeal to even the most discriminating users. Hesitation over wearing hearing aids is natural, but once you see how improvements in technology have led to a new generation of instruments that deliver exceptional sound quality and performance, we are confident you’ll want to find a solution for your own hearing needs.
What is a hearing aid?
A hearing aid is a highly sophisticated communication device. There are many different types of hearing solutions, just as there are many forms of hearing loss, but they share five basic components. All of them work by amplifying sounds with the goal of improving your communication abilities.
The design can vary, but the overall effect is to empower you to live your life to the very fullest.
How do hearing aid work?
- Microphone picks up sounds
- Sounds are analyzed by the processing chip
- Processed sounds are sent to the amplifier
- Amplified sounds are sent to the speaker
- Sounds are transmitted by the speaker into the inner ear where they are transformed into electrical impulses
- Impulses are picked up by the brain where they are processed